Created an address from blockchain wallet to infura mainnet. No wallet balance if I deposit into the address

I own a private key from blockchain which I used to create an address using web3js addAccount to https://mainnet.infura.io/metamask.
The process was successul and I added 0.01 ETH to it.

The transaction is valid in etherscan but I can’t find the balance in blockchain.com

Someone please assist.

Thanks

Unfortunately we do not manage etherscan or blockchain.com. Since you are able to see it on etherscan is there a problem?

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply.
My problem is, I don’t know which wallet the address belongs to, now that it doesn’t appear in blockchain.com wallet which owns the private key.
Via web3js, I can get the address balance using the infura mainnet network.
I also imported the private key in metamask extension and neither the balance nor the new created address is available.
I am not clear if its an infura wallet and if so how do I identify it?

See below my code:

var Web3 = require(‘web3’);
const mainnet = ‘https://mainnet.infura.io/metamask’;

const web3 = new Web3(new Web3.providers.HttpProvider(mainnet));

//creating an address using a private key
function addAccount() {
let ethres = web3.eth.accounts.wallet.add("");
console.log(ethres);
}

//getting the address balance
function getAddressBalance() {
web3.eth.getBalance().then(balance => {
if (balance) {
console.log(“WEI”, balance);
console.log(“ETH”, web3.utils.fromWei(balance));
} else {
console.log(“Error getting balance”);
}
});
}

addAccount();
getAddressBalance();

Thankfully Infura doesn’t manage wallets so you don’t have to worry about it having been lost somewhere on our side. This sounds like a support question for the folks at blockchain.com, I’m not familiar with how their wallet service functions unfortunately. If they are able to solve your problem or provide more information, please let us know, would be good to follow the resolution.

Well noted Mike and of course I update with the resolution.

Thanks.