Fail to subscribe to PendingTransactions using websocket

I open a websocket connection with Infura and try to subscribe to pending transactions using this json request:

{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”, “id”: 1, “method”: “eth_subscribe”, “params”: [“newPendingTransactions”]}

I don’t get any pending transactions. This did not happen two days ago (last time I checked).

However, subscription to new heads work perfectly.

{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”, “id”: 1, “method”: “eth_subscribe”, “params”: [“newHeads”]}

This works OK.

It is working now guys.

I’ve just tested it and pending transactions are coming as usual!

EDIT: And now it is not working again.

Until today there was no problem and connection was solid. Maybe there is some problem with Infura nodes, thanks.

Can you provide the full request you’re sending in code and the full error response?

I am just connecting using wscat to my personal websocket project and trying to subscribe to pending transactions. These are my steps:

wscat -c wss://mainnet.infura.io/ws/v3/myidhere

{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”, “id”: 1, “method”: “eth_subscribe”, “params”: [“newPendingTransactions”]}

Response:
< {“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“id”:1,“result”:“0xe73028be2a9b983fed289c48f7ff669b”}

And no pending transactions comes after that. I tested it 5 hours ago and it worked (similar than up until today). But today this stopppd working and right now is not working.

Thanks

Hello,

I just checked mainnet and the ‘newPendingTransactions’ is working currently. There are some stability issues regarding subscriptions where the ethereum nodes can deadlock and get in a bad state. We are continuously monitoring our nodes to try and keep them in a healthy state but it is an issue we are aware of. We recently ‘upgraded’ our ‘newHeads’ and ‘logs’ subscription to be less reliant on our backend ethereum nodes but we are still working on upgrading our ‘newPendingTransaction’ subscription.