How lower eth_getBlockByNumber requests

Hi All,

Sorry for a newbie question here. I notices that eth_getBlockByNumber requests are always super high. Can anyone give me some hints how to investigate the cause or to lower the number of requests?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
mr.chainblockz

Hi Mr. Chainblockz,

Welcome to our community site! Can you share the specific code you are using to help us understand your situation and how it is behaving a little better?

Michael

We work on a few smart contracts to create deal to connect sellers and buyers with ERC20. The logic is straightforward I suppose. On the frontend, buyers create deals, sells pay buyers with ERC20 tokens. I guess the issue is that we have a cron job to listen to ERC transfer event to know exactly when sellers make payment to buyers.

I hope I make it clearer.

Thanks,
mr.chainblockz

Or is there any log to be enabled to see when or where eth_getBlockByNumber requests are called?

Can you DM to me the email address associated with your account? I will try to look closer at the usage, unfortunately there is no logging exposed other than the summary statistics on the dashboard.

Hmm, I could not find the way to DM you, or maybe my trust level is too low to have that feature. So I post it here. Please have a look at my account at qtheboss at gmail.com.

Many thanks.

How often does your cron job execute. I’ve looked at your for traffic and see a consistent daily pattern for eth_getBlockByNumber. The total number of daily requests very nearly fits within the Core Tier. Perhaps if you just run the cron job a little further apart that will work?

Actually, it is not really a cron job. We are just listening to ERC-20 Transfer event and have some logic there. And the number of ERC-20 Transfer events are just around 10 per day, I believe. So that’s very weird.

May we know exactly when eth_getBlockByNumber is called?

eth_getBlockByNumber would be called from your side, not ours. Without seeing your code, I’m not sure how else to help identify the API calls it is making.