How many max concurrent websocket connections?

Am I handling this correctly?

A user inputs their address, and my site queries a contract for the user’s pending balance in 200 staking pools that takes 200 requests of .eth_call(). Nothing fancy. But the (total calls * number of site users) per day is too high of a cost for me.

Websockets may help. But if all users open a client-side websocket, then my Infura account may exceed the max number of open sockets - Is that number public?. (Each would have a different IP address, so I don’t know if that invokes the limitation?)

Instead it seems like I should run a server-side application with one single (or several?) websocket to Infura, that queues users’ requests from clients, but wasn’t sure if this was the best approach.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hey @rich, and welcome to the Infura community! We do have a limit of 1000 log subscriptions to prevent overloading our system. That being said, we do not currently limit the actual requests at this time. If that changes, we’ll be sure to update the community! :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me. ‘Log subscriptions’ - that means 1000 concurrent socket connections? That seems like a lot!

It’s 1000 subs on a single connection, so not quite the same, but if you use the approach of opening one WebSocket connection that queues the requests, that should work!