Introduction to Infura

Introduction:

On the off chance that you’ve been working in decentralized applications dependent on Ethereum, you may have run over setting up the Local Ethereum Node or your own private Ethereum hub to test your application. For my situation, setting up Ethereum hubs and interfacing DApps with it has been an issue for me for the accompanying reasons:

◉ Infura can be your main Network chain it can be your test block chance without downloading all the blockchain to my system because it is time-consuming to download all the blocks to your system it takes many many hours to download all the blocks.
◉ Sometimes, after syncing with the network, it takes a lot of time to see my transaction receipts.so for every test I wait a lot just to know if a transaction is done.

What Is Infura?

Infura is a platform as a service for Ethereum networks. Using Infura, you can connect to Ethereum Test or Main networks by exposing a URL.

Infura is a hosted Ethereum node cluster that lets your users run your application without requiring them to set up their own Ethereum node or wallet.
For security reasons, Infura does not manage your private keys, which means Infura cannot sign transactions on your behalf.

Infura uses case:

★ you need to associate your DApp with any of the Ethereum systems (test or Main) without setting the Ethereum Network.
★ you need to concentrate just on the application includes for some time without thinking about which arrangement it will run on.
★ you want to deploy and interact with your block shape and Infura makes it very easy to interact with the blockchain without lawn downloading any of the blocks.

Connect Infura With Ethereum

1- Go to Infura website and click “GET STARTED”, fill the registration form and confirmed your account in the email then go to the dashboard.
2- Click on “CREATE NEW PROJECT” and provide a name.
External Image
3-in the dropdown ENDPOINT, you can choose between different kinds of public network available on Infura.
4- If you are in test, so choose the testnets (ROPSTEN, RINKEBY, KOVAN) as your case, for example, I use Rinkeby because I have an account in it.

5- Once you copy your URL then you can create a client using web3j to interact with the network.

const Web3 = require('web3');
        const rpcURL = "https://rinkeby.infura.io/v3/YOUR_INFURA_PROJECT_ID"
        const web3 = new Web3(rpcURL)
        const address = '0x... ' // Your account address goes here
        web3.eth.getBalance(address, (err, wei) => {
          balance = web3.utils.fromWei(wei, 'ether')
          console.log("Your balance is : ", balance +" ETH ")
        })

The above code snippet is a simple example to print the balance of an address. at all you will get like this screen below :

C:\Users\Desktop>node tutorial.js
Your balance is : 10 ETH

Congratulations on reaching so far!:star_struck: Hope this article was helpful for you all. and please don’t hesitate to ask questions.

References:

https://infura.io/
Web3js

4 Likes

Thanks for beginner tutorial :smiley: