Polygon mumbai testnet error 'transaction underpriced'

Hello,

It looks like Polygon Mumbai testnet does not return proper gas price.

When I request sendTransaction, it returns error. (Transaction underpriced) I used eth.gasPrice to gasPrice. (deploy to Polygon mainnet is OK)

eth.gasPrice returns approx. 1.5 gwei.

When I raise gasPrice up to 30gwei, sendTransaction works well.

Hi @misskiwi and welcome to our Infura community.

This is happening because of Polygon minimum gas fee is now 30 Gwei to curb spam | by Stakingbits | Stakingbits | Medium
Polygon advised to enforce it on both testnet and mainnet.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

It helps me a lot.

Have a good one!

The 30gwei has been removed though as you can see transactions of legacy and EIP1559 types below that pay ~2.5gwei instead.

I tried with 30 gwei it is not working still and I am getting same message .

@sandeep.hyperledger are you still experiencing same error ?

Apologies for the miss-communication, it looks like the gasprice restriction does not apply to Mumbai, we’ll revert the change on our side.

Thank you.

It means that I don’t need to raise gasPrice up to 30gwei on Mumbai testnet. Right?

Polygon Mumbai testnet - works fine for me
Polygon Mainnet - transaction underpriced (for deployment of smart contract)

Please help us thanks

@misskiwi yes, correct.
@Supremo8369 the gasprice restriction of minimum 30 Gwei remains in Polygon Mainnet.

I’m getting the same error. This is what I got while doing a transaction with MUMBAI testnet.
`MetaMask - RPC Error: [ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“transaction underpriced”}}}’
How do I increase the gas price?

2 Likes

Hi,

I am facing this issue today on Mumbai testnet.

Transaction goes through if I increase the gas price to 30 gwei.

Any idea, what should we expect?

Thanks!

Same error for me in Mumbai testnet and in Polygon mainnet using Metamask wallet

'{"value":{"code":-32603,"data":{"code":-32000,"message":"transaction underpriced"}}}'

or

creation of XCy errored: [ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“replacement transaction underpriced”}}}’

It`s very strange because no pending txs:

mumbai.polygonscan.com/txsPending

Having exactly the same error with Mumbai while using metamask. Any insights on this?

Hi everyone,

This could happen if somehow the nonce of the transaction you’re trying to perform got to be the same as your last transaction’s nonce. If that’s the case, the solution would be incrementing the nonce for your current transaction by 1.

i m getting same error today on mumbai polygon even increasing nonce. gas fee also not returning properly. please suggest someone if any found solution. i waste a lot of time on it for found solution