What happens to the content uploaded via Infura's IPFS API if the key is deleted?

I have several images uploaded to IPFS via Infura so far, but I want to change the key due to a change in the person in charge. If I delete the previous key, what kind of impact will it have on the images that have been uploaded so far?

2 Likes

Hi @ponta,

welcome. The API key is what Infura uses to keep track of which account to charge for the requests and the storage. Requests are key’d on the API key, and the storage is associated with the account that the files are pinned to. If you switch to a different key belonging to the same account then there is no real change to anything - your requests are still accounted for in the same account and the storage used by pinned files count towards the same account. If the API key used belongs to a different Infura account, then most likely you will wish to pin the images to the new account so you are sure they won’t get garbage collected.

Does that make sense?

Warm regards,
Chris | Infura | ConsenSys

4 Likes

Hi @chris.paterson ,

Thank you for your response. I have been collaborating with @ponta , and we are now attempting to migrate the data associated with his account to mine.

At present, there are more than 600 pages of data under his account, making it challenging for us to PIN each piece of data manually.

We believe that if either of the following solutions is feasible, it would be of great assistance:

1. Export all IPFS hashes associated with the account.
  2. Migrate all IPFS data to the new account.

Could you please check the feasibility of these options for us?

2 Likes

Hi @taijusanagi,

sure, can you open a support ticket, mention your account’s email and ask for the pins to be exported as csv?

Chris

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.