Why my Infura API always down?

I always trying to connect to Infura API but happened to be sometimes having receive the following error:
Fatal error: Uncaught GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: mainnet.infura.io
I had subscribed to Developer packaged and still didn’t resolve this issue.
In the community, is there anyone facing same issue as mine?

Any solution for this from Infura official or community?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @SharlanAndy sorry to hear you’re having issues. Can you provide the code you’re using, the full error bodies, and some additional information about your development environment/use-case?

My Infura API also seem to be down…
I’m using Goerli and here’s my error message.

Tks tks! I’m on Telegram, anytime… @itsencrypted
Please find me there.

[VERBOSE-2:ui_dart_state.cc(157)] Unhandled Exception: RPCError: got code -32002 with msg “rejected due to project ID settings”.
#0 JsonRPC.call (package:web3dart/json_rpc.dart:49:7)

#1 Web3Client._makeRPCCall (package:web3dart/src/core/client.dart:58:35)
#2 Web3Client.getBalance (package:web3dart/src/core/client.dart:192:12)

I would like to request full refund from Infura due to Infura API is not performing well. Any method guys?

Mike, I had been using it nicely two weeks ago. and it just happened 5 days ago having the issue. We are currently using $web3 = new Web3(new HttpProvider(new HttpRequestManager(‘url’,$timeout))) for all request to get from my contract data. and is on mainnet, I believe it is not coding problem but instead your infura having some blockage or whitelisting needed. If not it wouldn’t be out of sudden having this down issue. The error code is this Fatal error: Uncaught GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: mainnet.infura.io (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)

I’m happy to work with you directly over email on this issue. Please check your inbox for my message.

Hi @SharlanAndy, again apologies you’re having issues, we definitely want to help you resolve this but we would need more information about the full error response and your code generating the request. The error you have provided doesn’t provide any of the HTTP response information which would help us determine what is happening here. Let us know, we are here to help!

Hi @juliana this is likely due to your project’s settings, it could be a invalid agent, origin, ETH address, or that your request requires the project secret and that was not included. You can see all of our information about working with project settings here, https://infura.io/docs/gettingStarted/whitelisting

Hi Mike, indeed I would like to cancel my further subscription and monthly payment as for now. While waiting you guys to solve my problem. I trying to switch my plan which i subscribed until June and after switch it didnt keep my previous subscription ending date. It seems like ridiculous where my billing subscription until June was auto ended when the time i stopped my further billing subscription. Isn’t that this setting is unreasonable?Kindly please assist on this first.

@mike Kindly please advise on the query I post above

Hi Mike, indeed I would like to cancel my further subscription and monthly payment as for now. While waiting you guys to solve my problem. I trying to switch my plan which i subscribed until June and after switch it didnt keep my previous subscription ending date. It seems like ridiculous where my billing subscription until June was auto ended when the time i stopped my further billing subscription. Isn’t that this setting is unreasonable?Kindly please assist on this first.

Hi @SharlanAndy our billing support team should have contacted you, please let them know if you have any issues on that side.

Per your usage issues, unfortunately I still need more information to be able to assist, can you provide a complete code sample where you are calling the Infura API and the full error response you are receiving?

Hi Mike, no one is contacting me regarding the billing plan that I switched over from subscribed plan to free plan. I am trying to compile the code you may needed and hide mine private data from revealing in the community. Do give me some time on this.tq

Hi @SharlanAndy I’ve emailed you a few hours ago to follow up on this and to work with you directly. You may also email me directly at michael@infura.io if you are not receiving those messages.