Filecoin ChainGetMessage "blockstore: block not found"

Hi! i’m trying to get messages from blocks like that

body: { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Filecoin.ChainGetMessage", "params": [{"/":"bafy2bzaceddgc622j4k4rusrblwhxu6ryhjcwiq546vifqspwterjhbswutw6"}], "id":0 }

but i always receive in response
{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“id”:0,“error”:{“code”:1,“message”:“blockstore: block not found”}}

I saw a question of a year ago with the same issue https://infura.discoursehosting.net/t/filecoin-chaingetblockmessages-chaingetmessage-etc-block-not-found/2766 and i would like to know if i’m missing something or if such requests are not yet supported.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Sniker and welcome to the Infura community!

Could you double check the hash you are proving in the request?It doesn’t seem to be valid.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!
I was probably passing parameters incorrectly, i changed the approach and now i’m receiving this response:

{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“id”:1,“error”:{“code”:1,“message”:“unmarshaling t.Message: cbor input should be of type array”}}

Do you know what problem could be?

@Sniker could you provide a full request body as well as the endpoint you are trying to make a request to? I will try to reproduce it on my end.

1 Like

I was passing the wrong parameter. I was entering the value of the “Messages” field obtained by ChainGetBlock.

Now I’m using ChainGetParentMessages to get messages from a tipset. Works for relatively new tipset, but for older ones it returns the error :

“error”:{“code”:1,“message”:“failed to load state tree bafy2bzacecj6erzkudud7ps7jc426wxwshfb4psmw6mzrvwhgd6abmi6bpb2k: failed to load hamt node: blockstore: block not found”}

Could it be that I can’t trace back to tipset beyond a certain date?

same issue!
‘jsonrpc’: ‘2.0’, ‘id’: 1, ‘error’: {‘code’: 1, ‘message’: 'unexpected error during execution: getting block messages for tipset: failed to load state tree at tipset [bafy2bzaceadsjefkmoa3px6yy3domggupoxjfzqymwjptat5gjeejqqdnfl6e]

this tipset search by https://filfox.info/ is success

@D_aixk, to be able to debug this I would need a full request body from you as well as the endpoint you are making this request to, would you be able to provide it?

@Sniker I was not able to locate the following bafy2bzacecj6erzkudud7ps7jc426wxwshfb4psmw6mzrvwhgd6abmi6bpb2k on Filfox - Filecoin explorer :frowning:

Would you be able to double-check the hash and also provide a full request body as well as the endpoint you are making this request to?

1 Like

I probably copy/pasted a wrong CID in my previous answer.
I was able to get parent messages from tipset 1557208 to 1554114

Endpoint : url: ‘https://filecoin.infura.io

body: { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Filecoin.ChainGetParentMessages", "id": 0, "params": [${block}] }

In ${block} i pass a parent’s CID adding {"/":“CID”}

If I try to request parentmessages of a tipset’s block of height 1554113 like bafy2bzaceahpq2t263xlkh3xjmvcrlbqlhgp5kxogghpun4sdsi3bnfjdgx32 i get an error like the one i posted before

I can confirm Infura is no longer maintaining Filecoin network. Most data are lossy and cannot be used at all. Gotta go back to Gilf nodes, while it only stores the recent data, it is reliable