Giving the possibility to create a private Ethereum network

Hello team,
I think it would be quite nice to let us create a private Ethereum node on demand so my user can connect to it. Tell me if it’s in your plan, if you thought about it, and if it’s not your priority why, I want to know everything :grin: .
Peace,
Mathias

Hi Mathias,

Our focus has always been on public networks whether those are Ethereum mainnet or one of the test networks. We don’t plan to have a private network solution in the near-term though have been exploring different solutions that might meet that demand. What is your specific use case requiring a private Ethereum network?

Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,
It’s definitely about mining fees. I believe those are a huge barrier to entry for new users that don’t hold Ether. I’m creating a small project that use tokens, but I have no interest for my users to send Ether or acquiring some before using the token I provide to them. And also I don’t want to support the cost myself. I have thought of using a testnet, but I’m not sure that is the right use case to do that. I have read that those network are rebooted from time to time, and that would be critical.

2 Likes

Thanks Mathias for the additional context. What would be the advantage of using a single-node private blockchain for the project?

1 Like

Excuse me if I’m missing something here. I configured a private network on Ethereum locally on my machine. Is that something you guys are able to host and provide security for? is it a paid feature?
I’m working on a personal project and and looking to use this platform to allow users an eth wallet that they can then use freely either on our platform or exporting. Is that a thing?

hi @MuayThaiLegz, we don’t host private chains, I recommend looking into the Quorum Blockchain Service Quorum Blockchain Service | ConsenSys

1 Like

The QBS is dead. The service is migrated to Kaleido.
Do you know others provider to create a private ethereum?

Best Regards