Goerli Testnet Support

Goerli is released! Can we have a Goerli API endpoint please?

Thank you!

2 Likes

I believe this won’t happen until out-of-the-box Goerli support lands in main-line tagged releases of nodes that Infura is likely to use.

It was merged a day ago in go-ethereum, and is still unmerged in parity-ethereum.

2 Likes

Coming soon! No specific date just yet but we are actively involved with the Goerli project and are already running one of the sealer/signer nodes to support the new testnet.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m looking forward to it, and PR’ing support into Web3py.

I also just found out today it hasn’t made it into a production geth build yet lol.

Thanks for the great work!

@egalano I see the Goerli endpoint is up, but I am trying to connect over websockets using web3py and am getting a 400 error when I try to query anything unauthenticated. When I add my project id it works fine!

See https://github.com/ethereum/web3.py/pull/1286

1 Like

This behavior is expected, authenticated requests using the dashboard generated project IDs are required for our Goerli endpoint.

2 Likes

My RPC address infura.io showing 404 error. I am using Goerli Testnet
This is the error i’m getting, Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()

hey, are you properly passing an API key as described here ? Make requests - Infura Docs
Also, feel free to open a support ticket about this and we’ll help out Contact Us | Infura