Help needed for "Getting Started"

Hi there.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out.
Total noob here - but catching up, fast.

First Step in Infura is to retrieve the current block number.
Trying to put in “the terminal”.

Unfortunately…

According to Powershell:

According to JS Code:
curl: (35) schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - De intrekkingsfunctie kan het intrekken van het certificaat niet controleren.
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: -X:
Line |

• 2 | -X POST *
  • |  ~~*

• | The term '-X' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.*

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
-H:
Line |

• 3 | -H “Content-Type: application/json” *
  • |  ~~*

• | The term '-H' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.*

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
-d:
Line |

• 4 | -d ‘{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“eth_blockNumber”,“params”:,“id”:1}’*
  • |  ~~*

• | The term '-d' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.*

Furthermore, through this Q&A I learned about jsonlint.com, and they too say the code (that infura tells me to copy) contains an error, being:
Error: Parse error on line 1:
curl https: //mainne
^
Expecting ‘STRING’, ‘NUMBER’, ‘NULL’, ‘TRUE’, ‘FALSE’, ‘{’, ‘[’, got ‘undefined’

Any tips on how I can overcome this obstacle?
How can I get started on working with infura?

Thanx again
Kim

Hi :wave: Kim and welcome to the Infura community!

Have you tried using any terminals other than Powershell? Maybe terminal in your Visual Studio Code?

I would recommend checking out this guide:
https://docs.infura.io/infura/learn/curl