Infura websocket RPC URLs request for polygon

"Hello Infura community,

I am working on a project that involves connecting to the Polygon network using a web socket URL and making contract calls with the web3 npm package in the backend using node js. The events will be called and start to listen when the server starts. I would like to know what is the average request count I can expect to make under normal operating conditions. I am aware that the actual request count may vary depending on several factors, such as the complexity of the contract calls and the network congestion. I need to know will the request counts even tho none of the events triggered from the contract. However, any information regarding the typical request count for this type of setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help."

2 Likes

Hi @Melton and welcome to the community. It all depends on the events you are listening to, it’s a bit difficult to predict. But, yes for example if you use subscription methods even events which are not triggered by your contract will be counted against your daily quota, which is 100k requests for the free tier. For our paid tier you find out the number of allowed daily requests at the following link: https://www.infura.io/pricing
Hope this helps

1 Like

Just to follow up on my last reply. Subscriptions over WebSockets are currently free on Ethereum. However, subscriptions over WebSockets on Polygon and Linea are not free and will be counted in your daily request limits. WebSockets | INFURA

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.