Sending filecoin

Hi - is it possible to use the api to send filecoin from one wallet to another? Thanks!

Hi @etcetera! And welcome to the Infura community!

You should be able to, are you encountering any errors while doing that?

Thanks - we didn’t see any documentation about how to do it. Would you be able to point me towards the particular relevant documentation? I see stuff around verifying a wallet for example, but nothing about sending filecoin.

I see where it is confusing!

The following documentation is for Filecoin as a storage here.
Filecoin is a peer-to-peer network that stores files, with built-in economic incentives to ensure files are stored reliably over time.

Also, the Filecoin token is the currency behind the wider Filecoin network.

Filecoin includes a blockchain and native cryptocurrency (FIL). Storage miners earn units of FIL for storing files. Filecoin’s blockchain records transactions to send and receive FIL, along with proofs from storage miners that they are storing their files correctly.

You would use documentation on Ethereum API in your case.

Some additional information on the topic, @etcetera

The send/create methods are named differently in FILE documentation (https://infura.io/docs/filecoin#operation/MpoolPush). Please find here a video for further reference about how to send/create FIL using the API here

You can as well check Filecoin documentation about how to interact with Infura API here and you might find relevant this community post related to Filecoin Filecoin PushMessage permission?