why have the error

My infora had a problem from 2pm yesterday to 8am this morning, but I don’t know what caused it. Which time period is always intermittent. Would you please find out why? thank you!

Hi @yangyunchun1984120, and welcome to the Infura community! Can you please elaborate more fully on what the problem was? We didn’t have any service outages, so we will need some form of error message or additional information to help you :slight_smile:

Hello, I am a Chinese user. I registered a free infura account and quoted the infura ID. Is the 100,000 traffic written in the service content a day or only 100,000 in total? I reached 80,000 traffic after using it for three days, and the network was disconnected. Is it because I have too much traffic? How can I solve it? Can it be solved after payment?

Hi @277317001, that number is the number of allowed requests per day. Did you get an error when the network was disconnected? If so, can you please share that?
Otherwise, can you share the code you were using when the network disconnected? We can try to help troubleshoot from there.